Follow by Email

About Me

My photo
My interest and insights have changed over the years, things are not what they used to be, things are not what they really seem to be, life is much more than what we perceive it to be, my blog is my attempt to understand and share some of my thoughts that are expressible. Happily married, mother of two amazing little people...

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby number two!

Year 2011, baby number two due to arrive November ending.
Many a times I've had contractions only to have it subside before I decide to go to the hospital.
Late November checkups and I was told by doctor in 6 cm dilated..
Yes 4 cm more to go before baby can arrive. I was excited because I knew the time is almost here.
Time roll on and still contractions came and went, nothing intense.
It was almost the ending of December, December 21, 2011, when contractions became very intense. I was timing the time apart along with mom and hubby.
By 8 am next morning, December 22, all contractions ceases again. I was becoming tired of this game.
Hubby left for work and as soon as he went thru the door, there again intense contractions. I thought this is it now and I went and took a shower and got dressed for hospital.
By 10 am, I was at hospital, having checkups from midwife on duty. My doctor was at the airport to receive some visitors for Xmas.
Pain was excruciating, I was thinking how different this is from my first baby,
Regular checkups and still no dilation, and also no doctor yet, just midwives.
By 2pm( yes so long labour) I started to pass meconium ( early stool of infant) which meant baby was distressed. Also baby heart rate was slowing, I was immediately given oxygen mask and it was no fun trying to stay still with that on and contractions like crazy.
My midwife finally broke my water bag because baby need to get out if distressed and still baby not descending and dilutions stuck at 6cm!
By 3 pm after a check up I was fully dilated, suddenly it was like a miracle.
If I wasn't dilated by 3pm they were taking me to theatre for c section. I was praying for that to not happen.
So after sudden full dilation and severe contractions I was told to start pushing, even though baby not descending and I'm still with oxygen mask on.
While all this was going on I wasn't able to contact hubby or mommy who was at our house with big baby. Last thing I SMS hubby was about the c section possibility and he got instant headache about it, so he was waiting on doctor to get there to get a final opinion.
Doctor walked in about 4 pm and I was almost having no contractions now, and I had no strength to carry on.
I was given oxytocin drips to bring on more contractions and boy were they severe. Finally after two more hours o torture my baby boy came 6 15 pm! I was glad it was all over, baby was rushed to incubator because of him being distressed for a long time inside me and to be checked by a pediatrician for the severity of meconium he consumed while inside me.
After hubby and mommy weren't communicating with me for a while, mommy came over to the hospital to check what's going on while hubby stayed home to watch big baby, only to find baby boy being rushed out of delivery room.
Oxytocin drops was still on me since I was told I need to have all the dose even though baby is out so I was having contractions with no baby to push. I was literally lifeless and weak and could not walk an inch.
I didn't saw my baby and I was hoping he's fine.
Had to sleep over at the hospital that night.
Hubby came after mom told him baby is born, big baby was left in care of a neighbor.
It was such an emotional turmoil.
I saw my son at 11pm that night! Fell in love instantly and from that moment on everything about him reminded me of our big baby.
But after that experience, I'm thankful to be blessed with a daughter and a son, and thank god I'm not having another baby!


Jihan said...

wow, what a story... But seriously I need another little niece and nephew. When can you start?

Fatima Mohamed said...

Sorry, my babies need little cousins, I'm done!